With warmer temps close by, now is the time to take a look at your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is working at top efficiency, it can save a big amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could drastically heighten your expenses and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your LTS Plumbing & Heating Inc. professional do air conditioning service
at least each year is crucial to keeping your system working efficiently for a while. He or she can ensure the unit is running properly and can identify possible issues prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your expert air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at top performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during winter. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could damage your system and leave you needing big repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area surrounding your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they could inhibit airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any aspect of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or swapped out during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them monthly and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. All homes have different needs when talking about air filter replacement, depending on factors like owning house pets or performing home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also ensure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you keep a comfy home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be ready for whatever summer brings your way. Give the pros at LTS Plumbing & Heating Inc. a call at 570-648-0748.