Typically, air ducts need to be cleaned every three to five years according to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association
. Contingent on a lot of factors—like your home’s location, if you have pets, and how regularly your air filter has been swapped out, to name some—you may require air duct cleaning
more or less frequently. So, how can you find out for sure when it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? There are certainly some revealing signs when it’s time.
Look for these clues:
- Are your cold air returns caked with dust or pet hair?
- Is there a jam inside your cold air return vent?
- Are your registers carrying out dust?
- When you gaze inside with a flashlight, can you see a collection of debris or pet fur?
- Have insects or rodents found shelter in your ductwork?
- Can you hear noise other than your blower motor when you listen to the airflow?
- When your vents are fully opened, do any have a smaller amount of airflow than others?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it’s more than likely time to ask LTS Plumbing & Heating Inc. in Paxinos about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
There are a couple things you can do to help keep your ducts cleaner and extend the amount of time between expert cleanings.
Above all, schedule routine HVAC maintenance with the professionals at LTS Plumbing & Heating Inc.. A maintenance check of your furnace each fall and your AC each spring, which should comprise of inspection, and prospective replacement, of your air filter, will help keep your HVAC system functioning well, and should help keep your ducts clean.
You can also converse with the team at LTS Plumbing & Heating Inc. about installing an air purification system. We offer the Lennox PureAir Air Purification System, Healthy Climate Carbon Clean 16 Media Air Cleaner, Healthy Climate 11 Media Air Cleaner, Healthy Climate High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Filtration System and Healthy Climate UV Germicidal Lights.
Other steps you can take include:
- Frequently dusting and vacuuming your home.
- Examining your air filters habitually and exchanging them when the manufacturer recommends replacing them. Most filters will show dust on them after a brief stint in service, but they may not demand exchanging.
- Sealing drips in air ducts that let dust to enter from areas like your attic.
- Exchanging poor or damaged air-duct insulation.
With a professional air duct cleaning and some preventive measures, you can help keep the air in your Paxinos home clean and healthy. Give the experts at LTS Plumbing & Heating Inc. a call at 570-648-0748.