Summer weather in Paxinos can be a bear. But you don’t have to make a choice between being comfortably cool and saving money on your utility expenses. We’ve put together some tips to make it easy.
The top thing you can do to stay comfortable and maintain energy efficiency is by tending to your air conditioner. ENERGY STAR® says keeping your system running reliably and efficiently, and LTS Plumbing & Heating Inc. is able to make that simple. During an AC tune-up appointment, we’ll do the following tasks recommended by ENERGY STAR and more:
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors to make sure there’s safe operation of your system and the opportunity of a longer lifecycle for major components.
- Clean the air conditioner’s evaporator and condenser coils as required. Dirty coils require your system to run more often to do its job.
- Check system controls to be sure of accurate and safe operation.
- Inspect refrigerant levels.
- Clean and adjust blower components to ensure correct system airflow.
Another crucial piece to keeping cool is routinely checking your air conditioner’s air filter. A dirty filter may boost energy bills and damage your equipment, which may lead to untimely failure. Our LTS Plumbing & Heating Inc. pros will inspect these for you at your tune-up appointment, but you’ll want to check the manufacturer’s recommendations to set up your own schedule to change them out.
Here are a few other tips to keep your home comfortable and energy-efficient:
- Look at thermostat settings to be sure your air conditioner keeps you comfy when you are home and saves energy while you are away.
- If you find yourself cool at night, you can turn off your air conditioner and open your windows. Let the crisp air cool your place for you! In the morning, shut your windows and window coverings to retain the cool air and block the sun’s heat.
- Take advantage of fans. An ENERGY-STAR ceiling fan will allow you to set your thermostat a little higher than you regularly would without noticing any changes in your comfort level.
- Another type of fan people often forget about when they’re working to keep cool is their bathroom ventilation fan. Make certain to run yours when you shower as well as 20 minutes or longer after you’re done to remove the heat and humidity from your bathroom.
- Avoid leaving lights on and running many appliances on the hottest days. Obviously, your stovetop and oven put heat into your home, but even everyday activities like watching TV, working on the computer, and drying or curling your hair can up the heat in your home.
If you’d like extra ideas on how to keep your home cool and energy efficient this summer, give LTS Plumbing & Heating Inc. at call at 570-648-0748 or request an appointment with us online.