Summer is upon us! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To enahance your comfort and actually relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Paxinos is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While LTS Plumbing & Heating Inc. always recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning in the heat.
- First, another time to recall the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter routinely! Replace your air filter per the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the cold season. Starting your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can seriously damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s operations. cut the grass, get rid any debris and clear away overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you start it this summer. be mindful to check the area at least monthly to keep it clear and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These easy steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you need to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call LTS Plumbing & Heating Inc. in Paxinos at 570-648-0748 today.