Before you work on filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, make sure you schedule time to have your air conditioner examined by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not give you a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people wouldn’t argue that the summer months in Paxinos are not the best time for an air conditioner to give out. Scheduling air conditioner service helps you be more proactive and our expert technicians can look for any red flags that signal trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups acknowledge areas of concern, but it also increases the efficiency of your air conditioner. Air conditioners are investments that you need to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are receiving the optimal benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the greatest performance possible out of your air conditioner. A living space that offers home comfort is the main priority, but a properly running air conditioner also lowers the cost of your energy bills and prolongs the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at the very least every three months, so the technician will examine the cleanliness of your filter. Dirty filters force your air conditioner to run harder than it should and can also impact the quality of the air in your house.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are never good things when it comes to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause added stress on your system and too much will reduce how efficiently your air conditioner maintains cool temperatures in your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are many of moving parts that are included in an air conditioner and when these become loose it increases the risk of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can accumulate on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can harm efficiency and raise the amount of energy used.
The experts from LTS Plumbing & Heating Inc. in Paxinos can provide a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, while answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your home’s overall comfort levels. Give them a call at 570-648-0748 and make sure your home stays cool this summer.