Having standard air conditioning service completed at least annually can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at top efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Paxinos summertime, have the specialists at LTS Plumbing & Heating Inc. perform your yearly air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be done during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Inspect for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if required, test for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, retrieve any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, rather than unlawfully freeing it to the atmosphere.
- Look for correct airflow in the system.
- Confirm the appropriate electric control sequence to guarantee correct sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters routinely is essential. That’s because nothing else that easy can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to operate at peak efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it frequently. We recommend looking at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call LTS Plumbing & Heating Inc. today at 570-648-0748.