During the colder Paxinos months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it happens, a simple call to LTS Plumbing & Heating Inc. will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got a few signs you should monitor for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call LTS Plumbing & Heating Inc. as soon as possible if you observe any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is not big enough for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your energy bill, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from LTS Plumbing & Heating Inc. can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It might be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, contact us and we are happy to help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call LTS Plumbing & Heating Inc. at 570-648-0748 or book an appointment with us online.