Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Paxinos during the colder seasons, when they’re necessary to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at LTS Plumbing & Heating Inc. will constantly be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is needed and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to test if it turns on.
- If everything looks accurate, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call LTS Plumbing & Heating Inc. at 570-648-0748 and we’ll get your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.